” While it looks like things are out of control, Behind the scenes there is God who hasn’t surrendered his authority”
So I am pretty sure that you guys have noticed that I have been missing in action. Of course there is a reason for that. When you’re given a platform where you have access to speak to into the lives of believers about the Love of God, reaching souls, and touching on topics that will benefit the people of God concerning:
- how to grow as a believer
- how to remain pure (sexually, mentally, emotionally)
- their prayer life ( that’s a big one)
- to not let your situations or circumstances pull you away from God ect…(Just to name a few) you can bet your bottom dollar that the enemy is mad, is after you and is willing to do all he can to block your vision from coming to fruition. These past few months have been a real spiritual warfare for me. I was just drained from life itself.
Since the Month of October (the beginning of October to be exact) I have been going through some serious warfare. There were times I was sad, depressed, overwhelmed, confused, lost, I was just not in a happy place. However, even though I was going through this chaotic period I felt obligated to give out content to my those who read my blog. It was very challenging and draining. It got to the point where I just shut down completely.
Now a lot of you who see me just about on a daily basis would be a little puzzled because I walk around with a smile on my face, being the silly goofy person that I am. I don’t show what I am going through. You would really have to have a discerning spirit to sense that something is going on. I won’t tell you. It’s not pride I am just a quiet, reserved, keep to myself type of person.
As the months kept coming it would get worse. Things that didn’t bother me as much concerning people, my ministry, my personal walk/ my uncertainty, I started to realize that my walk with God was suffering. Mind you all of these emotions came out of nowhere. My heart, mind and spirit needed a come to Jesus and a get right moment. I was not spending nearly as much time with God as I should have been. I realized that there were things deeply rooted in me that I needed to get rid of ASAP. So for weeks I sought and ask God to show me what it was ( even though I had an idea). It didn’t take long but the Lord confirmed it.It was confirmed to me in church while my Pastor was preaching and later that week a friend of mine who is a minister taught on the very same message and it hit home. My issues were pulling me away from Christ because I was allowing them too and my thoughts and emotions were consuming me.
As not only a believer but a human being with a conscious I didn’t feel right telling people ” How to live” or “What’s right and Whats Wrong” and my walk is not right. So I put myself on a break until I got I got myself together. I am back and better than ever. I am still working on myself it’s not an over night thing but I am learning day by day to give it ALL to God, stay focused and let Him lead and guide me and NOT MY EMOTIONS. I am sure we all go through a time like this where we are doing good and everything is going right in life and all of the sudden you sense yourself drifting away from God & you just need to separate and re-group and get back to where you were.
Some of you may be thinking “Have I ever been under a Spiritual Attack”? Well here are: 7 Signs that You Are Under a Spiritual Attack:
- Lack of Spiritual Passion: Your prayer life is put on hold. Your commitment is tested and you can’t seem to push though. You feel as though you are just going through the motions.
- Extreme Frustration: The enemy uses a variety of circumstances to bring great frustration. A person who is under siege finds themselves on edge and anxious.
- Confusion Of Purpose: During a spiritual attack there is often great confusion about spiritual direction. This is one of the main goals of an attack, to get a believer out of his/her destiny. That wrong move begins by bringing confusion.
- Lack of Peace:The enemy will bring many thoughts and ongoing temptation while trying to rob you of your peace. The mind becomes irritated and exhausted. The enemy does all that he can to bring mental fatigue.
- Strong Urge to Quite Assignment: Every believer is born with a purpose.The enemy hates when a believer is boldly walking out their purpose and plan. He does all that he can to MOVE Christians away from their destiny. During an attack he will overwhelm them with thoughts and desires to give up and abandon their post.
- Drawn back to Old Bondage: The enemy would love nothing more than to draw you away from your God given purpose. He will try to deceive you as much as possible and sway you to going back to bondage. If he is able to discourage you then he feels that he will be able to loose the spirit of shame and condemnation on to you, which will cause you to spiral into a deeper defeat.
- Questioning direction and call that was once so clear: As the enemy attacks the life of a believer he begins to give them reasons to give up on the very thing that God called them to. This is where the spirit of confusion, shame, intimidation and a many different schemes to create uncertainty.
3 Keys to Freedom: Read Scriptures
Break with Faith ( Hebrews 11:6)
Break with Prayer (Ephesians 6:18-19)
Break with Resistance ( James 4:7)
I just wanted to share with you a quick testimony/ words of encouragement because I know for those of us who are being used by God on a daily basis, and those of you who want God to use them in a mighty way, we go through these spiritual attacks. We become overwhelmed, frustrated, analytical, moved by our emotions and thoughts that we forget that we serve a God that is capable of the impossible. During this spiritual attack it showed me who I am, and what I am capable of. I am going to end with this Quote by Kenneth Copeland It states:
“The times you don’t feel God’s presence or feel his love, are the very times you had better believe He’s there and believe His love for you. Otherwise, your flesh will let you down, Your mind will let you down, And satan will use everything he can to pressure and push you away from the Love of God”.